Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 13: Tech Reviews

During class this week my classmates and I each shared technology tools we had previously reviewed. The tool that stood out to me the most was Scratch. This tool introduces students to programming. I liked this tool the most because it pushes students to use a different kind of thinking than most tasks in a fun and challenging way. Not only will this challenge upper level students, but I had a special education teacher use this with her students who had profound diverse abilities, and they could complete the programming quicker than her typically developing students. How great is that? I truly believe that every student can learn, and Scratch is a program that can reach students that traditional education sometimes does not. This tool prepares students with 21st Century skills that in turn could help spark an interest with students in this field, a necessity to keep up with the ever-changing advancements of society.

Check out this example of a Scratch program my classmate created.

As a preservice teacher, I can already understand the evolving nature of technology. I will stay current with these changes through social media, in particular Twitter and blogging. I will also attend professional development conferences as well to see how other teachers successfully implement technology into their classrooms. Specifically, I hope to attend the ITEC Conference or another PLAYdate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment