Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hopes and Expectations of C I 302

As an Early Childhood Education major, I hope to gain insightful ideas on how to successfully integrate technology into the primary grades. Technology is still often being used as a reward or for games with this age group, and that is not how I believe technology should be used. I would find it beneficial to learn what tools are most effective and also how these tools are most seamlessly integrated within this age group. I also hope to learn from classrooms that already effectively implement technology and learn from their experiences.

As a technology intern at a 1:1 school with iPad integration, I would love to learn about more apps to show my teachers. I am also a firm believer in showcasing students’ work for the world to see. I have found it makes it more applicable to real life and can serve as a motivational tool. I would love to learn about apps, programs, etc. that allow student work to be shared. I would also be interested in learning about ways to encourage collaboration and real-life application using technology.

Through my job we also have a blog, and I am planning on having my own blog for my classroom upon graduation. I would appreciate blogging tips as well as a list of educators and educational blogs to use as a resource for my future classroom. I just recently started my own professional Twitter account. I would love to connect with suggested educators on Twitter and learn more about effectively using social media in the classroom.

Since you, the instructor, work at a school currently, I always find it useful to get current educators’ two cents worth on resumes, interviews, student teaching, and landing that first job. Overall, I am very excited about this course as I view technology as a very powerful tool to take learning to the next level when integrated effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment